Howard Schultz | Starbucks
Coffee Guru, Dreamer of Big Dreams
- Joined Starbucks in early ’80s when it was a local Seattle store and built global brand around the coffee experience.
- As of 2007, 175,000 co-workers working in 16,000 stores in 43 countries.
- Integrated benevolence and a social conscience into company’s values.
- Focused on people — full and part-time employees can receive healthcare benefits and stock rights.
- Starbucks Foundation supports a variety of causes and community organizations.
- Owned NBA’s Seattle Supersonics.